suggest services and offers tailored to your interests, provide sharing services and optimise website functionality.
Learn more about how we protect your privacy and how to set your tracking preferences.
Belfort Montbéliard / Vosges Massif and Jura Foothills
From 01/02 to 15/12/2017
With the Ballons des Vosges to the north, the Jura Mountains to the east, the Saone Valley to the west and Switzerland close at hand, Franche-Comté, nestling within the meanders of the River Doubs, reveals its little heralded heritage and its abundant nature.
Throughout its history, this region of France has been made unique by its innovative, surprising and offbeat architecture.
If you need to recharge your batteries and get away from it all while taking care to give life and meaning to your holidays, then this adventure, with the unusual sites it includes, is an invitation to combine all manner of pleasures and explore the three sites in the region to be classified as UNESCO World Heritage.
- Arrival at the Pré Serroux Hotel in Champagney, with its 3 stars and 3-fireplace Logis certification, located at the foot of the Saône Vosges.
- Settling in, dinner and night at the hotel.
For your comfort, this Upper Saône hotel, situated in verdant grounds of some 1.5 hectares with a pond, a stream and a bridge, opens its relaxation zone up to guests: sauna, Jacuzzi, steam bath, hydromassage shower, fitness area, indoor pool.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Unguided visit to the Notre Dame du Haut Chapel in Ronchamp, one of the most audacious religious constructions of the twentieth century, built by the architect Le Corbusier in 1955.
- Departure for Belfort and lunch at your convenience in the historic centre of the city.
- Discovery of the Old Town, its colourful facades, Vauban''s fortifications, the History Museum and the famous Lion by sculptor Bartholdi.
Along the audio-guided trail, possible from 01 April to 30 September, experience the various stages in the conquest of freedom, from the Middle Ages to the siege of 1870.
- Discovery of the Doubs Valley and arrival at Besançon, Vauban''s walled city, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Settling in at the Hotel de Paris ***, located in the city center of Besançon.
Dinner at the Brasserie du Commerce next to the hotel.
- Audio guide tour of the Besançon Citadel, the masterpiece by Vauban built between 1668 and 1688. Tucked in a beautiful loop formed by the River Doubs, the fortress ramparts offer a magnificent view over the capital of Comté and are home to many museums and exhibitions dedicated to history, memorials and the animal world.
- Lunch at your convenience.
- Unguided discovery of Besançon, a City of Art and History, the home of Victor Hugo, whose historic centre is full of architectural and cultural wonders.
- Departure for Arc-et-Senans - Tour of the Royal Saltworks.
This exceptional site, an 18th century royal manufactory, is listed as World Heritage by UNESCO. It was designed by the famous visionary Claude-Nicolas LEDOUX and is unique in the history of industrial architecture.
- Departure for Salins-les-Bains.
Backed by the Jura hills and protected by two forts,
Salins-les-Bains owes its renown to the salt it mined and which it began trading back in the thirteenth century.
Its natural saline waters are still used today in the spa.
- Settling in, dinner and night in the Grand Hôtel des Bains 2-star complex, 3-fireplace, 3-casserole Logis.
This hotel offers direct access to the relaxation space of the Spa (leisure saltwater pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room).
- After breakfast, guided tour of the Saltworks, with their impressive underground galleries, to discover the history of salt and its mining and manufacturing techniques. This is the ideal complement to a visit to the Arc-et-Senans Royal Saltworks, which they have joined on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- After lunch at your convenience, departure for Arbois.
- Presentation and tasting of Henri Maire wines at the Caveau des Deux Tonneaux. You will enjoy these typical, multi-facetted wines, which have made a huge contribution to the reputation of Arbois, a picturesque village nestled in the heart of the Jura vineyards so dear to Pasteur.
|Rates per person||
from 1/02 to 15/12/2017
|In a double bedroom||
THE PRICE INCLUDES :
The 3 nights half board in hotel (double bedroom).
The route and tourist documentation.
The site admissions and services provided for in the programme.
The Routes du Comté welcome gift.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE :
The drinks, tourist tax, transport and the supplement for a single room.
298 € per person
Three good reasons
to book with the Franche Comté Regional Tourism Council